On the exterior, on the other hand needed some work. The front bumper was off the car, but was still wrapped up from when it was taken to one of their cousins chrome plating shop in 1995. The rear bumper was no where to be found. It had a few rust holes and a shop said they could weld the holes up. Well to make the story short, when the owners of the Starfire started to look for the rear bumper 16 years later when I asked what happened to it, everyone involved with the bumper remembered it, but no one knew where it was. I found a bumper at East West Auto in Tulsa OK. and Ivan and Roberta got it fixed and chromed for me.
On Monday, September 12, 2011, I took off the spark plugs and put some oil in the cylinders, and cranked the engine a few times. We put the spark plugs in and poured some fuel in the carburator and it started, first time in 25 years. We made sure it had oil pressure and got the car running not bad. I put the car in reverse and it moved and the brakes worked. I then put it in drive and again the car moved and stopped. Then I noticed antifreeze dripping in my pan I had inside under the heater core so I shut the car off and went back to my list of things wrong with the car. (First start pictures and holes in back window on right)